Original Release Date: March 28, 2013KEARNEY - At a breakfast this morning, 20 physicians were named as Good Samaritan Hospital Physician Ambassadors for 2013.
Physician Ambassadors are nominated and selected by Good Samaritan Hospital patient care departments and are honored each year in conjunction with National Doctors Day on March 30.
Each department selects one physician who best exemplifies throughout the year the following qualities of a physician ambassador:
• Respects nursing's contribution to patient care.
• Works collaboratively with nursing to provide the best patient care.
• Places the patient at the center of what we do.
• Is an excellent communicator and establishes therapeutic relationships with patients, families, nurse, other staff and peers.
• Has a focus on education: is willing to explain, discuss, teach and be taught.
• Goes the extra mile to resolve situations.
• Always is respectful, attentive and listens well.
• Lives the organization’s core values of reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence.
• Is an A-plus physician.
The 2013 physician ambassadors and the departments who selected them are:
• Dr. Kristy Lawson, 4 South and Palliative Care
• Dr. Robert Messbarger, Family Birth Center
• Dr. Kenton Shaffer, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Pediatrics
• Dr. Iyad Azzam, Cardiac Cath Lab and Non-Invasive Cardiology
• Dr. John Wright, 3 North (Orthopedics and Joint Replacement)
• Dr. Lissa Woodruff, Inpatient Rehabilitation and Progressive Care Unit
• Dr. Chris Wilkinson, Surgery and Telehealth
• Dr. George Bascom, Cancer Center
• Dr. Dennis Edwards, Quality/Risk Management
• Dr. David Huebner, Emergency Department/Trauma Services
• Dr. Larry Bragg, Emergency Department/Trauma Services
• Dr. Ashutosh Atri, Richard Young Behavioral Health Center
• Dr. Richard Hranac, Nursing Float Pool and 2 North
• Dr. Khaled Abuhantash, House Managers, Care Management and Health Connect at Home
• Dr. Brent Steffen, Nurse Specialists
• Dr. Brent Adamson, Transitional Care Unit
• Dr. George Kassis, Intensive Care Unit
• Dr. Rob Shaffer, Peri-Anesthesia
• Dr. Aaron Benner, Diagnostic Imaging
• Dr. Clint Jones, Vice President of Patient Services Carol Wahl