Medical Oncology Infusion at Good Samaritan Hospital Cancer Center isn't just limited to treating cancer patients; we take care of patients with many types of illnesses and problems. Services include a variety of outpatient treatments:
- Intravenous (IV) antibiotics
- IV hydration
- Blood transfusions
- Medtronic infusion pump management
- Medtronic neurostimulator management
- IV treatments for arthritis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, osteoporosis (including Remicade, Orencia, Zometa and Reclast)
- Certified Tysabri infusion site (treatment for multiple sclerosis)
- Variety of injections including growth factors for cancer patients and medications for the treatment of anemia
- IV gamma globulin
- Central line maintenance and care
- PICC line insertion and care
Every patient receives treatment in his or her own private room, with the option of choosing a bed or recliner. To ensure complete comfort for our patients, each room is decorated for an at-home environment, furnished with a TV and phone. During your treatment, you are welcome to enjoy provided snacks, refreshments and meals.
You will feel right at home with our small but knowledgeable staff. Every nurse, from part-time to full-time, have not only been trained for various specialty medications and procedures, but are also qualified Oncology Certified Nurses - a specialty certification for nurses who have gained extensive knowledge in the oncology field and have passed a national certification exam. We will pass our knowledge on to you and your family through open discussions about the upcoming treatment and procedures, and provide information with a wide selection of brochures, pamphlets and other educational literature.
To schedule an appointment, call (308) 865-7199. We look forward to assisting you with your health care needs.